Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Bookmark for Tiffanie

Hello Hello!


I recently met a friend who because we were in a similar circumstance we became fast friends. She found out we are of the same faith and also that I happen to make hand made tatted lace. Through our conversations and a particular shared spiritual experience I offered to make her a tatted bookmark for her Scriptures. Honestly, I cant remember if she asked for one or if I offered because the feeling of her seemingly wanting one and my wanting to make one for her seemed so strongly mutual.
She distinctly wanted YELLOW and TURQUOISE.
Well, I searched high and low for those colors. Lizbeth threads most certainly makes them but they weren't for sale at the local Hobby Lobby, but they were available in Rayon thread. All the more appropriate for my friend, Tifanie's bright and beautiful personality, knot to mention her strength.
So Tifanie, this is for you.

Evidence that your bookmark is a work in progress...right here...right now during General Conference weekend I'm making it for you... It's a work in progress, Tiffanie... Just like you and me, girlfriend. We are both works in progress, are we knot?
And yes....my dear friend, that pun was intended. See, tatting is made of a bunch of knots...



XOXO


P.S. Oh and this was GingerSnap trying to get in on the photoshoot. She was feeling rather left out at the fact that she couldn't be the center of attention and she wanted to say HELLO!

9 absolutely fabulous things were said:

Karen said...

Good to see you back posting. Karen in or

Marilee Rockley said...

Such bright happy colors! The rayon looks like it is holding the tatting knots quite well.

Unknown said...

Thanks Karen! :)

Yes, Marilee I really have to work at holding those knots tight. Good thing I've worked with Rayon before or this would be a total headache, LOL!

Crazy Mom! said...

I've missed seeing you! Glad to have a great post from you!

Carla said...

Welcome back!

How nice to read your posts again.

Unknown said...

Hi Crazy Mom! Well I have missed seeing your comments here on my blog, too! Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks, Carla!

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Hello to you, GingerSnap. I love the sheen of that rayon. It doesn't look like it is causing you any slippery problems.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

It's nice to see a post from you again! I haven't tried tatting with rayon thread, but the colors sure are luscious!

Sarah said...

Welcome back to blogland!!